UVA students, faculty, and staff: do you have a crazy idea but need funding? The Jefferson Trust Annual Grant Cycle is open for the 2023-24 academic year!
Proposals can come from students, faculty, and staff for a variety of new programs and projects—everything from starting a new student group to supporting an innovative research project to seeding a University initiative. The Annual Cycle is intended for requests with budgets ranging from $10,000 to over $300,000, but there are no minimums and maximums vary based on available funds.
Key dates to remember:
- August 2023: LOI forms are available in the grant portal and can be submitted now!
- Every Annual Cycle grant starts with a Letter of Inquiry (LOI), which is an opportunity to simply explain the idea (no need to justify it or cite sources; less is more). Requests are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Early LOI entries (before September 15) have a chance for edits and resubmission.
- October 1: Last day to submit a finalized LOI. From there, selected LOIs move to the proposal stage.
- October 31: Proposal deadline. After review, the final batch moves forward for in-person pitches to the full Board of Trustees.
- January 2024: Proposal pitches
- February 2024: Grants awarded.