The Jefferson Trust has two funding opportunities: the regular Annual cycle (now closed for 2021) and a Flash Funding cycle (available in mid-December for 2022). Both cycles use the same criteria. Please review the following resources to determine if your project meets the parameters of a Jefferson Trust grant. If you have any questions about the process, or how your project fits the mission and vision of the Jefferson Trust, please contact our Director of Grants.
Please note: we do not provide funding for existing recurring/annual events.
Watch our Information Session
Flash Funding Timeline
Flash Funding seeks to fill a need for shorter-term projects or immediate use, and awards are capped at $10,000.
- The Flash funding proposal will open in mid-December for the 2022 funding cycles.
- Flash funding cycles begin each January and will be available monthly until funds are depleted.
- All proposals submitted in a month will have a decision on the 15th of the following month. [Proposals submitted in January will receive a decision on February 15th.]
Annual Cycle Timeline
Our annual cycle proposal form is closed for the 2021-22 academic year. Proposal review and funding decisions are already in progress. In summer of 2021 we launched a two-step submission process to help grant seekers refine their project and we simplified the full proposal!
- Available May – October 1: applicants complete a brief Letter of Inquiry (LOI). You can preview what you will be asked to provide on the Letter of Inquiry here.
- Within two weeks of submission, the Letter of Inquiry will be reviewed to determine if the proposal moves forward to the full proposal.
- LOIs submitted after 10/1 will NOT be eligible to apply.
- October 25, 2021: full proposals due for approved Letters of Inquiry. You can preview what you will be asked to provide on the full proposal here.
- January 28, 2022: Some applicants will be asked to meet with the board to provide more information.
- February 2022: All applicants will be notified of funding decisions.
Click the link below to create an account and submit a proposal! Your information will be saved in the system, but is not visible to the reviewers until you submit the final version. Please contact email@example.com if you have any problems with your account.
You may also access the grant portal from the Grants dropdown menu in the main navigation bar.
*Note for returning applicants: we transitioned to a new proposal system in 2020. If you submitted a proposal prior to 2020, your submission history has been migrated and you already have an account in the new portal. Your username will be your email address. You can login by clicking “Forgot Password.” Please contact our office with any questions.