The Jefferson Trust has two funding opportunities: the regular Annual cycle (available now) and a Flash Funding cycle (now closed for 2021).
Both Annual and Flash cycle requests must meet the same criteria. To determine if your project meets the parameters of a Jefferson Trust grant:
- Review our Grant Guidelines carefully. Please note: we do not provide funding for existing recurring/annual events.
- Read our tips and FAQs for the proposal process
- Look through our previously funded projects.
- Contact our Grants Administrator if you have any questions about the process or how your project fits within the interests of the Jefferson Trust.
- Review the proposal questions.
Watch our Information Session
Annual Cycle Timeline
- Our annual cycle proposal form for 2021-22 is open and we are implementing a new, two-step submission process this year.
- Available now: applicants complete a brief LOI (Letter of Inquiry).
- Within two weeks of submission, the LOI will be reviewed to determine if the proposal moves forward.
- LOI’s must be submitted by October 1.
- Full proposals must be submitted by October 25.
- Some applicants will be asked to meet with the board to provide more information on January 28, 2022.
- All applicants will be notified of funding decisions in early February.
See the LOI questions list here.
See the full questions list here.
Flash Funding Timeline
Flash Funding seeks to fill a need for shorter-term projects or immediate use, and awards are capped at $10,000.
- The Flash funding application is now closed for the 2021 funding cycles.
- Flash funding cycles begin each January and will be available monthly until funds are depleted.
- All proposals submitted in a month will have a decision on the 15th of the following month. [Proposals submitted in January will receive a decision on February 15th.]
- The March 2021 flash cycle is the final cycle for spring 2021.
Click the link below to create an account and submit a proposal! Your information will be saved in the system, but is not visible to the reviewers until you submit the final version. Please contact email@example.com if you have any problems with your account.
You may also access the grant portal from the Grants dropdown menu in the main navigation bar.
*Note for returning applicants: we transitioned to a new proposal system in 2020. If you submitted a proposal prior to 2020, your submission history has been migrated and you already have an account in the new portal. Your username will be your email address. You can login by clicking “Forgot Password.” Please contact our office with any questions.