Our Annual Cycle application is open for the 2023-24 academic year! The Annual Cycle is intended for requests with budgets ranging from $10,000 to over $300,000, but there are no minimums and maximums vary based on available funds.
Important dates to remember:
- April 13: First day to submit an LOI
- Every Annual Cycle grant starts with a Letter of Inquiry (LOI), which is an opportunity to simply explain the idea (no need to justify it or cite sources; less is more). Requests are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Early LOI entries (before September 15) could have a chance for edit and resubmission.
- October 1: Last day to submit a finalized LOI. From there, selected LOIs move to the proposal stage.
- October 31: Proposal deadline. After further review, a final batch moves forward for in-person pitches to the full Board of Trustees.
- January: Proposal pitches
- February:Grants awarded
We encourage you to plan ahead! Visit our grant seekers page to view our grant guidelines and contact our Director of Grants, Amy Bonner, at 434-243-9078 or firstname.lastname@example.org. An idea is more likely to be funded if we have a chance to work with the grant seeker.