The Jefferson Trust Annual Cycle is open for the 2022-23 academic year!
Annual Cycle proposals come from students, faculty and staff for a variety of new programs and projects. They are typically intended for requests with budgets ranging from $10,000 to over $300,000, but there are no minimums. Maximums vary based on available funds.
Every Annual Cycle grant starts with a letter of inquiry (LOI), which is an opportunity to simply explain the idea; requests are reviewed on a rolling basis. Early LOI entries (before September 15) have the opportunity for edits and resubmission based on the Director of Grants’ feedback. From there, selected LOIs move to the proposal stage. After further review, a final batch moves forward for in-person pitches to the full Board of Trustees. Review the Annual Cycle timeline below for more information:
- August 2022: LOI forms are available in the grant portal and can be submitted now!
- September 15, 2022: Last day to submit an LOI with feedback
- October 1, 2022: Last day to submit a finalized LOI
- October 31, 2022: Proposal deadline
- January 20-21, 2023: Proposal pitches
- Early February 2023: Grants awarded!
We encourage you to plan ahead, learn more on our Grant Seekers page, and contact our Director of Grants, Amy Bonner, to talk through your innovative idea.