The Jefferson Trust has two funding opportunities: the regular Annual cycle and a Flash Funding cycle.
Both Annual and Flash cycle requests must meet the same criteria. To determine if your project meets the parameters of a Jefferson Trust grant:
- Review our Grant Guidelines carefully. Please note: we do not provide funding for existing recurring/annual events.
- Read our tips and FAQs for the proposal process
- Look through our previously funded projects.
- Contact our Grants Administrator if you have any questions about the process or how your project fits within the interests of the Jefferson Trust.
- Review the application questions.
Watch our Information Session
Flash Funding Timeline
Flash Funding seeks to fill a need for shorter-term projects or immediate use, and awards are capped at $10,000.
- The Flash funding application is now open for the 2021 funding cycles!
- Flash funding cycles begin each January and will be available monthly until funds are depleted.
- All proposals submitted in a month will have a decision on the 15th of the following month. [Proposals submitted in January will receive a decision on February 15th.]
- The proposal form for 2020-21 is closed.
- The proposal submission deadline is 11:59 pm on October 1.
- Some applicants will be asked to meet with the board in January to provide more information—this is not an indication of funding status.
- All applicants will be notified of decisions in February, with grants formally announced in April.
Click the link below to create an account and submit a proposal! Your information will be saved in the system, but is not visible to the reviewers until you submit the final version. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems with your account.
*Note for returning applicants: we transitioned to a new proposal system in 2020. You will need to create a new account. Your proposal history has been migrated into the new system but we cannot migrate users. Please contact our office with any questions.