Creative Listening at the Academical Village is a cross disciplinary course between the School of Architecture and the department of Music in the College of Arts & Sciences that brings creative awareness. The course will address the following themes:
- The act of listening and engaging with the sounds and communicative opportunities of our public realm.
- The development of new tools for listening, mapping, and recording important public spaces primarily using the Academical Village as our testing grounds.
- The interpretive aspects will include drawings and digital models of the recorded sounds.
- The analytical aspects will include various types of spectrograms and other related tools that help students comprehend the data
- The development of new soundscapes that are derived from the actual recordings and that reinforce the cultural ethos of the Academical Village.