I have to admit, I was skeptical. “Giving To Hoos Day” seemed nice enough; but the Trust probably didn’t have a big enough pool of interested alums, parents and University supporters to make their potential donations that day really add up to much – most people don’t even know about us!
But boy was I wrong. Thank you to the many donors who made GTHD gifts to the Jefferson Trust that day; totaling over $105,000! The impact from that group donation will be felt for many years to come, as our grant endowment grows. Here are a few examples of what the endowment income on just $105,000 (approximately $5200 annually) has supported in the past:
- UVA Speaks grant/student group ($2500)
- The HOPE Project grant/Center for Global Health ($5000)
- Heart of Medicine grant/School of Medicine ($5100)
- Support of OAAA Peer Advising grant/ Office of African-American Affairs ($5000)
- Rewriting the Eighteenth Centuries Symposium grant/multiple schools ($5900)
- HOOTS Tutoring grant/student group ($4400)
Every gift really does count, and the impact on our University is immediate – and immeasurable, in the eyes of the students, faculty and staff from across Grounds whose receipt of a Jefferson Trust grant has not only changed their world, but also the lives of those who have benefitted from a grant project or program. If you would like to learn more about any of our funded projects and how your gift could make a difference, please contact me at Kaye Forsman (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone me at 434-243-8118. Thanks!